For more news, the newsletter can be downloaded from here.
Just a few of the many high points of this academic year:
- Securing the Silver ‘Diversity’ award.
- Black History Month celebration.
- Year 5 ‘Somme’ Trip.
- Christmas Fayre and also Summer Fete.
- Success at the Thurrock SSP sports awards winning in 3 categories.
- This year’s KS1 and 2 SAT results which are amongst the best so far.
- The Phonics Screening Check results for both Year 1 and 2.
- The Cross-country team winning the Essex County Finals.
- The Cricket team coming 2nd overall in Thurrock for only the second time.
- Group B football league champions.
- Key Steps Yr 1/2 Gymnastic team coming 5th in Essex as did the KS2 Squad.
- BCA winning the Indoor Athletics, Cross Country and District Athletics for the seventh consecutive year.
- KS1 children winning the Borough Olympics in the first year of the comp.
- Continued success of our Steel pan group and also School Choir.
- Success at the borough Performance Poetry competition with two 1st places.
- Mother’s and Father’s Day events with over 400 mums / 349 dads attending.
- The Waste Recycling competition with 7 winners from BCA.
- Year 5 CATs Performance and also Whole school Spring Concert
- Author Visit: Nick Butterworth and Gareth P Jones.
- Mr Smith awarded ‘Governor of the year’ at the Thurrock Teaching Awards.
- Spanish and Multicultural days.
- The number of charity events supported this year and particularly GOSH.
Year 2 and 6 ‘Headline’ SAT results
Below is a breakdown of this year’s end of Key Stage 1 and 2 tests as a percentage. Well done to all the children who have done so brilliantly and also to the teaching team who have prepared the children so well enabling many of our children to exceed expectations.
Belmont Castle Academy – ‘Winners’ of the ‘District Sports Competition’ for the seventh year!
It was another exciting finish to this year’s District Sports competition, with BCA coming third on the track due to injuries and first in the field events with a fabulous 1st overall. In terms of medals we got 18 Gold medals, 8 silvers and 6 bronze. A very big thank you to all the staff who helped prepare the children, especially Mr Godfrey-Shaw, Mrs Bray and of course Mr Garcia. Once again, a great team effort all round.
Kwik Cricket Festival
Congratulations to our cricket team who came first in their group at the Kwik Cricket festival in Orsett beating, Warren, Giffards and Dilkes. This is the first time they have won this event. Tonight they will be playing against Dilkes, a really important game to decide who wins the ‘Cup’ competition this year. What a fabulous year it’s been for sport at BCA with so much success